Print&Share CQ release notes
- Core: Update to a message being showed after backup/restore.
- Core/Recogntion: option added to discard unfound results in memory lookup table (default activated).
- UI: many values in comboboxes are now sorted (a-z).
- UI: the user selector control has been updated to always show the delete button.
- UI: buttons for a hot folder entry have switched positions, so that the delete button is set as last. This to avoid clicking on the delete button of the user selector control ('print as').
- UI: fixed some typos.
- Core: small internal bug fix.
- Setup: updated .NET to required version 5.0.11.
- Core: added extra checks when writing data to a log.
- Core/Printing: update to source tray and punching in XPS PrintTicket
- Core/Printing: restricted source trays and punchmethods are not shown anymore in the UI.
- Task sequencer: added an ID to all page inserters.
- Core: added function
InsertedPages()which allows an optional ID parameter. When the ID is specified, only pages inserted by the page inserter defined by that ID are selected.
InsertedPages(the unique id here)
- Core/UI: added option to use a custom SQL connection string in System Settings for connecting to a MS SQL database.
- Core: Modified the pre-execution script to run before documents are adjusted by the Task sequencer.
- UI: update to the translations.
- UI: update to input boxes.
- UI: update to the Dutch and French translations.
- Core: fixed a permission issue where it was sometimes not possible to delete own jobs.
- Core: implementation of role/leaf function in page selection.
- Get More Editor: In the Page Indication dialog, it is now possible to enable the option 'Indication per job' (only for Role). This option means that PageIndication and PageCountIndication are reset per job.
- Get More Editor: UI bug fix. When editor was loaded, the properties were shown of an item but the item itself was not selected.
- UI: fixed a display bug in the Auto release option screen.
- Core/XPS: Improved quality of drawing a scaled image shader in XPS.
- Core: trying to ignore rounding errors when drawing an image shader.
- Core: rendering bug with overlays. A
System.Windows.Mediafunction returned different, inconsistent negative boundaries.
- UI: column status and progress has been combined into a single column.
- Core: Metadata columns (and profiles) can be defined for jobs in the General Settings.
- CQ Printers/Core: Fixed a DPI scaling bug when inserting overlays, caused by a fix on the DPI scaling bug from handling jobs from a V3 CQ printer.
- CQ Printers: scaling issue in jobs printed on V3 CQ printer.
- Core/UI: Improved All jobs overview in Monitor section (faster queries, filtering and sorting. Database query improvements).
- UI: Monitor, All jobs now shows Job progress, Download job and View job in a context menu.
- UI: Monitor, All jobs has sorting, filtering (general + per column), select one or multiple, delete all selected jobs, execute all selected jobs (usefule when profiles are set to manual release in the Job release option of a Profile)
- Core: update to caching of an overlay.
- Core: now possible to add an environment variable in a text parameter field.
- Backup: restore of backup failed in Chrome browsers.
- UI: import profiles now has a file filter to avoid mistakes.
- CQ Printers: V3 printers were not visible in the CQ Printers section.
- CQ Printers: now possible to rename them in the browser.
- Core: update in channel execution requirements and profile recognition to select specific pages in 'Pages'-condition. (Allows you to only execute if there are colored pages or B/W pages, ...)
- Core: Page coverage selection in the Page selector dialog has been added. Allows you to only select pages that have a minimum coverage.
- UI: possibility for an administrator to filter on a user in the All jobs overview page in the Monitor section.
- Core: Update to admin rights for printing.
- Core: fixed an issue where in a case the local printer name was used and not the network printer name when trying to print to a shared printer.
- Core/UI: recuced printer caching time.
- Setup: minor update to installation.
- Core: update to XPS rendering.
- Core: improved .NET 5 libraries.
- Get More Editor: fix where overlay was not rendered if there was no preview job.
- Get More Editor: improved quality when inserting an overlay in the Get More Editor.
- Core: adjustment to prevent double job execution.
- Fix: UI/Recognition dialog: Split on different value with an offset recognition of -1 where the very last split group was incomplete.
- UI/Logs: clean-up dialog for the logs overview has been added to clean-up older logs.
- UI/Logs: export dialog for logs has been added.
- UI: icon update.
- Update to the memory collecting.
- Recognition: Barcode recognition for datamatrix barcodes failed because barcode font wasn't anti-aliased.
- Core: lower memory consumption when processing a print job.
- Core/PDF: improved speed of making PDF files.
- UI/Get More Editor: added a Condition parameter to every object in the Get More Editor.
- Fix: bug where the same job could be added multiple times when the service was under heavy load.
- Core: improved performance in the recognition dialog.
- UI: extra option in the recognition dialog to browse to other pages in the select boundaries subdialog.
- Fix: bug regarding text recognition within a boundary.
- Core: recognition executes in different threads.
- Core: A job property page count has been added so that a condition could be made to insert empty pages to make the number of pages even in case of an uneven count.
- Fix: new line wasn't saved for the result adjuster combine in the Content recognition dialog.
- UI: Content recognition dialog received updates to give the end-user more information about results.
- UI: improvements in the recognition dialog when loading and in case there are no results.
- Fix: issue where a long-running task would block execution of other tasks.
- Log/UI: an info icon was unclickable.
- Fix: UI: Get More Editor wouldn't always open the modal dialog.
- Fix: UI: Printing strategy dialog did not always respond the second time it was opened.
- UI: Recognition dialog: a 'Split' option is added to allow split of recognized values into multiple subvalues.
- Costs/Balance: First release of cost & balance page.
- Update to CQ instance job scheduler
- UI: Sent items hyperlink (to show the saved files) is not displayed anymore when administrator disabled saving the files.
- V3 printer: update to the job loading.
- Core: Update to the job scheduler
- Fix: PDF with XMP metadata update.
- Fix: UI: a save button didn't come to the active state when removing an emailaddress.
- Fix: Notifications: a (global) notification was missing or delayed.
- UI: Update to the license screen.
- Fix: backup schedule
- Fix: XPS to PDF page size.
- UI: logs are nog divided in 3 views (system, DLP and admin).
- UI: Administrator notifications will be shown in the admin logs.
- UI: clearly showing if the number of licenses has been exceeded.
- Fix: space characters couldn't be saved when entering a trim character in a recognition.
- XPS/PDF: added XPS to PDF optimizations (special improvements for small images with opacitymasks).
- Reporting: one report wasn't visible in the UI.
- UI: Added the possibility to choose files with file selection dialog in the job overview page.
- UI: added the possibility to release jobs that have been combined.
- UI/Recognition: a replace option was added.
- Reports: a reports section has been added with 3 fixed reports (number of reports could be extended in future releases).
- Get More Editor: image object/overlay object use extra memory cache to speed up the drawing process.
- Fix: Job could be executed multiple times. (Could happen when printing multiple files at once, not one-by-one)
- XPS/PDF: improved image quality in the XPS to PDF conversion.
- PDF: improved file size in the XPS to PDF conversion.
- UI: searching text in sent items searches through original print jobs and highlights the found words in the PDF view of the original job.
- OCR/PDF: modified the inclusion of OCR data in PDF.
- UI: date times were converted to a different culture (dd/mm/yyyy vs. mm/dd/yyyy).
- UI: option to save the original print job with each sent job (sent items).
- XPS: better parsing of XPS
- XPS/OCR: text is being extracted from XPS files instead of OCR. (OCR fallback if no text was found).
- Fix: file selection dialog button was not always visible
- UI: file selection dialog when choosing an overlay from the server where Print&Share CQ is installed.
- UI/PDF: added the option to insert parameters in user password and owner password fields of a PDF.
- Get More Editor: image overlay created from a PDF was sometimes different. This resulted in a wrong positioning of the image overlay.
- UI: updated labels and translations.
- UI: Channel sequencers renamed to Task sequencers.
- UI: order of Task sequencers has been changed.
- Get More Editor: it is now possible to embed a local PDF/XPS file in an overlay
- Get More Editor: fixed a problem where PDF files used in an overlay rendered black.
- Get More Editor: when opening the editor, the first selected object wasn't working. Now nothing is selected after initialization.
- Get More Editor: adjusted display titles of properties.
- UI: translated image source dialog.
- UI: translated PDF settings dialog.
- PDF permissions were not saved.
- UI: tabcontrol didn't show content after a second time on the recognition dialog (web view).
- OCR: improved OCR (pages are drawn bigger internally to improve OCR readability).
- Settings: OCR: added the option to choose for Microsoft Vision API.
- Settings: possible to specify the detail/level of logging (general settings).
- Added the option to use Redis backplane. The redis backplane can be configured via
appsettings.jsonfile in the installation folder of P&S CQ. After adjusting the json file you have to restart the P&S CQ service via
- Web 2 Print: unable to upload files because of the "due date" requirement that was disabled.
- UI: a drop zone has now a green color instead of red to show that it accepts file drops.
- License: activation shows more details now.
- License: general activation improvements.
- BREAKING CHANGES: the engine has been drastically improved and updated in order to support Print&Share CQ clustering with multiple instances. It is possible that preview jobs will be lost. Before updating, take notes of your existing configuration in case of a setting that couldn't be upgraded/saved.
(Tip: The free Microsoft Steps Recorder, included in Windows, can be used to take automatic screenshots on pages that you navigate to when viewing settings before updating.)
- A recognition adjuster, like a regex, lookup values or trim could only return 1 result per recognized item. Now all valid results are given back.
- Optimization of reading barcodes on pages
- Fix: memory leaks
- Fix: C# scripts consumed too much memory.
- Recognition is executed in multiple threads to increase the speed of printjobs.
- Service: resolved a stack overflow.
- Service: combined jobs are now being cleaned up properly.
- Service: activation and licencing improvements.
- Setup/Driver: improvements to the V4 driver updates.
- Service/UI: It is now possible to do a recognition on the deselected pages.