This page will guide you through the installation of Print&Share CQ (P&S CQ) on a server. Print&Share CQ can be installed on desktop or on server systems, however the logical environment would be a server. The server should be in a Windows domain.
1. System requirements
Print&Share CQ requires .NET 5 as a minimum and .NET Framework 4.8: Download here.
You can consult the Microsoft website for more information about the:
Microsoft SQL Server (Express)
A modern web browser (Edge, FireFox, Chrome), not Internet Explorer.
Server/computer should be in a Windows domain.
- Start the executable and follow the installation wizard.
- Read and accept the license.
- The Print&Share CQ service component will be installed.
- By default the service runs under the Local System account. You can leave this as default, or specify a dedicated user to run the service. In case of selecting a dedicated user, the user must have proper permissions.
- Next the ports that will be used to access the Portal via a web browser using HTTP and HTTPS. Leave them as default.
- Install legacy printer. Enabling this checkbox will allow Print&Share CQ to support PCL5 RAW print jobs.
- Click install and wait untill the wizard finishes.
After installation, a web browser session will start and show the Print&Share CQ Portal.
3. Print&Share CQ Portal
Follow these steps to open the P&S CQ Portal page:
- Open a web browser.
- Navigate to
(or use specific ports in case you changed them.)
optionally: in many cases instead of
127.0.0.1you could also use
- Go to Windows Start menu or press WINDOWS KEY.
- Search for
Print&Share CQ Portal
- Go to your Windows Desktop or press WINDOWS KEY + D.
- Double click the
Print&Share CQ Portaldesktop icon.
By default Print&Share CQ is using LocalDB to store its data.
A connection to Microsoft SQL Server (Express) can be made. In case you want to use MS SQL Server, either install it or make a connection available.
After the installation of Print&Share CQ, we recommend changing to MS SQL Server if you want to use this type of database. In case you change the connection later, all your settings and configurations will be lost, because you start with a fresh database.
Change to MS SQL Server database
- Login to the Print&Share CQ Portal.
- Navigate to
Manage > System settings > Database connection
- Fill in the connection details and the initial catalog (database name).
Print&Share CQ will automatically create the database with the provided name and create all tables.