Secure Print (Follow you, Follow me, Follow user print)
Print&Share contains its own basic secure print / follow-you / follow-me / follow-user print system. Jobs can be released via your smartphone by entering a code or scanning a QR code on the printer.
- User prints a job.
- Walks to a printer with smartphone.
- Opens browser on smartphone and enters/scans the QR code of the printer.
- Job is printed on the device.
In this situation we will asume you don't have any profiles configured.
- Create a new profile by going to
Manage > Workflow > Profiles.
- Edit the profile and add a Printer channel.
- Edit the Printer channel. Instead of selecting a printer in the
single printer mode, change the Printing mode to use: to
- Save the channel and profile.
Now we have created a secure, follow-you profile.
The next step is to create QR codes (release codes). These release codes can be printed and be placed next to the printer.
- Go to
Manage > System setup > Release codes.
- Here you have a list of all printers and unique codes. Click the button Print QR Codes.
This will give you a file with QR codes.
- Print this file and place the specific QR code next to your specific physical printer.
Note: Not every printer listed in this overview is a physical printer.
Secure print / Follow-you
In the steps above we have created a secure print / follow you / follow user / follow me profile. We also generated QR codes for the physical profiles.
- Print a document from your pc with your user account (e.g. user "Peter Desmith").
(If everything is fine, nothing will be printed.)
- Go to a physical printer. Take your smartphone and surf to
- Log in with your user (in our case "Peter Desmith").
- You will see your jobs, release a job by clicking Release next to the job.
- Enter the code of the physical printer or scanning the QR code next to the physical printer.