When an application crashed, is frozen or hangs, it is often possible to create a mini crash dump file from it in Windows.
Such a file could then be analyzed by specialized software to find a possibile cause of a crash or hang.
- Open Windows Task Manager, this could be done by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
- Go to the Processes tab page.
- Select the application that crashed, and right click it.
- Select Create dump file
- You will first see a dialog:
Please wait while the process is written to the file.
- When the dump is complete, the dialog will change to
The file has been successfully created. The file is located at: C:\Users\....
Write down the path.
Click on Open file location. This will open Windows Explorer and select the specific file.
That dump file (
*.DMP) should be sent to the support team to investigate it.