Print job routing based on number of pages
This article will guide you through the process of configuring a profile that routes a print job to a specific device based on the number of pages. Job routing can help you **save time and money** by using the right device for the right task.
To get this configuration working you need two printers.
- Log in to the admin panel of Print&Share CQ using a web browser.
- Navigate to
Manage > Workflow > Profiles.
- Create a profile by clicking Create new and give the profile a name.
- Scroll down to the Channels selection and add two Printer-channels.
- Click the pencil-icon to edit the first print channel.
- Click edit next to the
- Enable the
Pagesoption and select
Smaller or equal thanand fill in the value
- Click OK and return to the channel.
- In the Printer settings section, select a printer next to the
- Save the channel settings by clicking on the Save button at the top.
- Edit the second channel.
- Repeat the steps as you did for channel 1, only modify the
Pages:to Greater or equal than and fill in the value
Don't forget to select also a
- Save all settings.
You just created a profile that sends jobs with 10 or less pages to a specific printer device and jobs greater than 10 pages (11+) to a different printer device.