There are many reasons why you would want to add an overlay to documents. Print&Share CQ can enhance documents with an overlay and for example print, email and even store them as a PDF in an archive. It is a great and efficient method of getting rid of pre-printed paper.
The steps below will guide you to the process of adding an overlay to the complete document or specific pages. The same logic applies to different types of channels (Printer, File Printer, Email..).
- Log in to the admin panel of Print&Share CQ using a web browser.
- Navigate to
Manage > Workflow > Profiles.
- Edit the profile where you want to add the overlay (or create a new profile).
- Edit the channel where you want to add the overlay (or create a new channel).
- In the section Task sequencer select the option
Decorate pages (Get More Editor)and click Add task.
This will add a new Decorator task.
- Open the Get More Editor by editing the added decorater.
- Click the overlay icon in the menu buttons of the Get More Editor. (document icon with green color)
- Select a local image or reference to the image and click OK.
Now an overlay has been added.
On the right side of the Get More Editor you will see the Items explorer. When selecting the Overlay you can change its properties. For example the pange range, opacity, ...
Right-clicking on the Overlay opens a menu where you can change the order of the overlay (back/front).