After a fresh installation of Print&Share CQ or after adding an additional CQ Printer, the CQ print queue should be shared with other users.
Share the Print&Share CQ printers
- Verify the print queue names that you want to share by navigating in the portal to:
Manage > CQ Printersunder the System Setup section.
- On this page you will see your V3 and V4 print queues.
- Go to
Windows Control Paneland select
Devices and Printers.
Alternatively go to:
Printers & Scannersin the
- Select the P&S CQ print queue that you want to share, right mouse-click and select
- Go to the tab page
Sharingand share the print queue as you wish by selecting the option
Share this printer.
Now for the client side:
- Log in on a client PC, logged in with a user that should have access to the printer as configured in the sharing options,.
- Install the print queue by opening Windows Explorer and navigating to
\\<ipaddress>\where you should see the Print&Share CQ print queue.
Alternatively you could go to
Windows Control Panel > Devices and Printersand
Add a printer.
If all goes well your Print&Share CQ print queue is ready for use by the client(s).
Admin Note: Don't forget to create a profile in the P&S CQ Portal to allow the actual physical print output.